1.22.2010

Looks like I'm going to Europe...

...ok not yet. However, I'm trying to work out the financial stress in order to. We'll see. One day you might find me eating a croissant in a cute little french cafe, walking the streets of London, visiting fashion week in Milan, casually reading Hemingway on a train through Germany... Actually that all sounds great. I'll get that, check please! Unfortunately that's the problem: $$$$$$$
But it will all work out in the end. It has to. It just does.


But that isn't the point for this post.It started as fashion friday but evolved into two posts this one simply my rantings. I spend my Friday night in bed trying to to be sick when I stand up. However, I learned a lot this night about people, obliging myself to a night of Facebook chatting. Things have certainly changed I must say; people surprise you around every corner when you least expect it. In brief I discovered: sometimes the people who have just entered our lives are the only ones we want to talk to you, sometimes you have to hurt people to not hurt yourself and that it's determining when that point that is the hardest, sometimes I shouldn't discount people so fast, sometimes your mother can be your very best gossiping girlfriend, sometimes the boy in high school you were too afraid to talk to becomes a very good friend and you plan hypothetical weddings in vegas and honeymoons in the swiss alps and know that he'll always be there for you, sometimes God works in ways you don't see, sometimes you need a best girlfriend to talk about boys with, and sometimes.. you're not as pathetic as you think you are.
So now I realize I am faced with this opportunity: I am given the chance to be whoever I want to be. No strings attached. I love that feeling, and I'm ready to tackle it this year. I'm immensely excited. There are so many things I'm excited about starting and so many of life's little pleasures that I must take more time to enjoy.
Unfortunately, I must sift through the college stereotype and immerse myself in things that go against parties and other nonsense. But you should also know by now that I live my life according to my love for God. He rules and I must find him in anything I do before I do it, otherwise the thought it abandoned. My friend and I are going to go whole heartedly into a group here on campus (group may be an understatement, movement is more correct) and we will venture on a community bonding mission trip this spring break.
I want the first word that comes to people's minds when they think of me is Lovely. Closely followed by passionate. Because you can't upon first glance see the passion, just the first flash of the beauty of someone's physical grace and mind. With closer inspection though, the passion is revealed.

**p.s. these images come from a flickr album that features photos from paris from the 60s. you must check them out via here**

No comments:

Post a Comment